@TCO Depot Audits: Postponed due to COVID -19 Virus Outbreak
Several of the @TCO approved depots in Asia have been in contact, advising that the current certification for their depot is due for renewal in 2020/2021 (each approved depot must be re-certified every 2 years) and asking the new audit to be arranged.
The health and welfare of the inspectors who carry out these @TCO depot audits must be safeguarded – and the further spread of the COVID-19 virus must be prevented.
For these reasons, it has been decided that any @TCO audited depot that is due to be re-audited in 2020 or 2021 will have its current certification extended. We have agreed to delay all depot audits until the World Health Authorities advise that it Is safe to resume international air travel.
Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented worldwide crisis that is affecting us all. I encourage everybody to work together to maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
Reginald J Lee, President
@TCO Depot Accreditation
To achieve any accreditation the following must be in place and satisfactory:
- All necessary (mandatory) government approvals must be in place (including location requirements).
- All third party and employee liability insurance must at least meet Government minimums and be of a level that is acceptable for clients.
- If the depot or cleaning station, stores or handle's hazardous waste or cargo, all government environmental and health and safety permits must be in order.
- Health and safety procedures including confined space entry procedure's (tank entry) must be in place and observed by all.
- The facility must be enclosed by a perimeter fence or wall.
- Cleaning station chemical.
- Cleaning station chemical and food (chemical and food bays must be separate).
- Depot facilities "tip and turn":- basic in service repairs such as changing gaskets and minor repairs required to turn round tanks in service.
- Depot facilities "medium repair facility" :- Replacement of major components (corner post etc), cladding repairs, minor pitting repairs and periodic testing.
- Depot facilities "heavy repair facility" all repairs including shell inserts major pitting repairs etc.
- Depot facilities "Major repair facility" including all the above and repair and refurbishment.
Note: Some facilities will have a duel rating as they are a combination of Repair depot and cleaning station
IF A DEPOT DOES NOT APPEAR ON THIS APPROVED DEPOT LIST (Even if they are already ITCO members) THEY ARE NOT AN @TCO APPROVED DEPOT AND ARE NOT ENTITLED TO CLAIM THEY ARE.